Sunday, September 26, 2010

DAY 19: A passage from a book that has touched you

Sorry guys! I've been in Auburn since Friday and I didn't get on the computer. It was a great trip. Kateland and I left from Birmingham on Friday and arrived in AU two hours later. Whit, Rachel, MB, James, Kateland, and I went to dinner then to Skybar to see Fly By Radio!!! They were amazing and we had several funny stories. For example:

1. As I was dancing with my amazing friends, this guy comes up to me and starts a conversation. He told me he played 2nd base for AU. First thought he was lying....he looked old, and was starting to get gray hair. I just ignored him because I knew he was full of it. The next thing I knew, he grabbed my hair, and started blowing on my neck. Talk about creepy! I guess he thought he was helping me out since it was so hot inside. Bad idea!! I quickly stepped foward with the rest of my friends and laughed the rest of the night about it.

2. My friend Kateland was dancing with some guy when all of a sudden, out of nowhere: Some random guy comes up and punches the guy in the face. It happened all so fast but don't worry, we were just fine. It was funny because the guy who started the fight: punched him in the face, then turned around and walked out. Guess who got kicked out? Yes, you're right, the victim.

3. Yesterday in the ballgame, I was walking down one of the rows when I saw a sudden swarm of blue and orange shakers in my face. I thought they were cheering. Oh no, they saw my houndstooth watch & red purse and knew I was an Alabama fan. They kept saying, "Just accept it, just accept it!" Accept what? That was my thought process. I nicely gave the guy a high-five and as I was walking away thought to myself. "Ok, I'll accept the fact Alabama is ranked number 1 with a National Championship. See you in November."

4. Then what about last night, when these two guys came up to us and started speaking in an English accent. That's a nice way to get noticed. Too bad I talked to one the night before and knew he was from the South. Hahaha, don't worry they all created "fake" names for themselves and said they were from Manchester, England. Riiiiigghhhhhttt.. It didn't work too well when they came up to me and started feeding me this bunch of nonsense. I just looked at the guy and said, "Man, you didn't have that accent last night when I ran into you." How strange! BUSTED!!!! We quickly learned that Rafael from England soon became Michael from Huntsville. Boo-ya!!!

5. What about the time when we were on our way to AU and this ridiculous person was speeding up and slowing down the whole way there. Don't worry, I shot him many mean looks hahaha but he never got the picture.


So it was a very FUN weekend, thanks to Rachel and Whitney for letting us stay with them. LOVE my friends :) Well, enough of story time but I could keep going for sure.


Sweet friends Kateland, Rachel and Whitney :)


NOW to Day 19: Passage from a book that has touched you.

I'm just going to go with John 3:16 today. I am constantly reminded of the love of Jesus when I hear it.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him, shall not perish but have everlasting life."

I think we can all go to sleep tonight knowing the comfort of this verse. Have a nice night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment