Friday, September 17, 2010

DAY 13: A Memory that never fails to make you laugh

I could name so many memories that have made me laugh over the years! But one of my favorites involves my dad, a fake deer, and a bright flashlight. A few years ago when I was in high school, my dad got really interested in feeding the deer in our backyard. He built a feeder and bought corn and filled it up to the top. Every night our family would look out our big window to see if we could spot a deer with the flashlight. Well, one day my mom and brother got a great idea to trick my dad. Our neighbor had a fake deer that was always propped up against a tree in his yard. So, Jason and my mom went and got the deer and set it up against the feeder before my dad got home from work. When it got really dark, our family was sitting in the living room and we asked my dad to go get his flashlight to see if there were any deer at the feeder!! My dad quickly ran to his room, grabbed the flashlight, and turned it on! Right when he light hit the deer, my dad went crazy!! He was sooo excited! He kept saying "Look, look, look, he is moving!!" After about a minute, we couldn't hold it any longer and we started busting out laughing! That's when my dad finally realized that it was a set up! It was so funny because my dad really thought it was a real deer! So ya, that's my memory that never fails to make me laugh :) Have a fantastic night. I just got home for the weekend. It's 8:56 p.m. and I'm about to head to bed. Since I've been up since 4:30 this morning, I can barely hold my eyes open. Have a amazing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment