Thursday, November 4, 2010

Craving Chocolate & Covered Bridges



Swann Bridge
So I decided to make my headline "craving chocolate" because that's just how I feel!! These past 2 days, I have eaten wayyyyy too much Halloween candy. My grandmother sent me back a tin of Snickers, Twix, Milky Ways, & 3 Musketeers! I need to stop stuffing my face!

I have been way too behind on my blog! Thank you Ben for reminding me :) Miss you! These past few weeks have been insane. I've been running, but not as much as I should. With a crazy schedule like mine, sometimes my bed sounds SO much better than lacing up my shoes! I went home this past weekend to see my family. It was much needed. My mom and I made Scarecrow cupcakes (pictures coming later). They were precious! I tried to sleep late, but that didn't work out too well. I caught up on some homework and went to church. On Sunday afternoon, my Dad, Mom, and me went hiking. We hiked about 4 miles to Powell falls, then on the way back, I ran. Trail running is actually challenging. I enjoyed it though. Besides the fact that my ankles were getting scraped by briars.
For those of you who don't know, I'm from a small town that has 3 covered bridges. That's what Blount County is known for: Covered bridges. Well, they currently closed down all three bridges due to the old age & repairs. We decided to take a trip to all three bridges: Horton Mill, Swann, and Easley. Quick Fact: Horton Mill Bridge is the highest covered bridge above water in the United States. I ended my Sunday afternoon with a Ice Cream cone from McDonalds (my favorite).

Horton Mill- over 70 feet above water. Completed in 1934

I spent the night with my Granny in Birmingham and drove back to Tuscaloosa at 4:30 a.m. This week has been stressful, but my fourth graders have been so good this week. They are always putting a smile on my face :)

I just got back from eating dinner with my best friend Kelly Peacock. We talked for 2+ hours! It's amazing how fast time flies by! So grateful for wonderful friendships. Tomorrow, I'll be in 4th grade, then I'm hitting the road to Jackson, Mississippi to visit the Bride-to-Be, Hannah!!! First stop, Krispy Kreme...Then I'll be set. Have a fantastic weekend. Love you all!







1 comment:

  1. i love you! so glad we finally got to catch up! yogert lab soon! love love love!
    kel

    ReplyDelete