Wednesday, December 29, 2010

RADICAL

I first heard about this book at Camp Ozark this past summer. I noticed one of the counselors reading it, and I asked her what it was about. The book is Radical. The author, David Platt is the pastor of the Church of Brook Hills in Birmingham, Alabama. I've heard him speak before and his love for the Lord is so evident. I picked up the book last night at Books a Million and started reading immediately when I got home. I'm on Ch. 4, but so far, my eyes are wide open to the approach Platt talks about in Radical. Here are some things to think about:

Book Overview:
In Radical, David Platt challenges you to consider with an open heart how we have manipulated the gospel to fit our cultural preferences. He shows what Jesus actually said about being his disciple--then invites you to BELIEVE and OBEY what you have heard. And he tells the dramatic story of what is happening as a "successful" suburban church decides to get serious about the gospel of JESUS."

-You and I desperately need to consider whether we have ever truly, authentically trusted in Christ for our salvation.

-The dangerous assumption we unknowingly accept in the American dream is that our greatest asset is our own ability.

-This is how God works. He puts his people in positions where they are desperate for his power, and then shows his provision in ways that display his greatness.

-The Holy Spirit is the Comforter, the Helper, the Guide, the very presence of God living in you.


So today, I PRAY that we can all learn to put our trust and faith in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment