Thursday, December 9, 2010

Joe Nichols & Julianne Hough

Another great concert to add to my list in 2010. Last night, I drove to Birmingham and met Meagan at her house in Homewood. We went to this amazing restaurant called JClyde. We found a coupon for 2 bucks--for a 25 dollar gift certificate. We had to spend 50 dollars so we ended up only paying 18 bucks total each. It was a great deal! We went all out... Fried Green tomatoes for appetizer, salad, and I had bow-tie pasta with chicken. Can you say stuffed?

Afterwards, we went to the concert at Workplay on the corner of 5th and 23rd in downtown Birmingham. After my alarming incident this past summer in downtown, I've always been a nervous wreck going down there. Especially at night. Birmingham ranks the 8th most dangerous city in the U.S. Needless to say, I had my eye over my shoulder as we were walking from our car.

We got inside, made our way to the stage, and ended up on about the 3rd or 4th row! Joe Nichols and Julianne Hough (from Dancing with the Stars & dating Ryan Seacrest) put on a great, acoustic performance to benefit St. Jude's. I was really impressed considering it was a real, informal show. Maybe that's what I should do with my life, critique country music shows. haha. Well, anyways, the best song of the night was "Gimme that Girl." #2 most played country music song in 2010. We waited around afterwards to try and get our picture made with them but the meet and greet was before the show. Awesome night though!! In 2 weeks, I'm going to see GARTH BROOKS :)

Here are the country concerts I've been to in 2010:

1. Justin Moore (front row)
2. Jamey Johnson (about 10th row) -terrible concert by the way, unless you're into that music.
3. Eric Church (2nd row)
4. Jason Aldean
5. Luke Bryan
6. Joe Nichols
7. Julianne Hough
8. Garth Brooks (Dec. 19)

There are still a lot of artists I haven't seen that I will see one day.
1. Alan Jackson
2. Brad Paisley
3. Taylor Swift
4. Carrie Underwood

It felt good sleeping until 9:30 this morning. Kelly Peacock is coming to Oneonta today, yeah!!! Hope everyone has a great Thursday!!

Lots of LOVE,
Cat



No comments:

Post a Comment