Thursday, December 2, 2010

Overwhelmed

Tomorrow is my last day of 4th grade! I feel so lucky to have had a great semester like I did! My teacher Mrs. Browder is probably the kindest woman I have ever met. She helped me so much this semester and I have her to thank for everything! My kiddos, oh boy. Where do I began?

So today, I decided to make Reading a little more interesting. I jumped up in a chair and started singing Jingle Bells and Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. My kids LOVED it. I'm sure they thought I was crazy. Talk about priceless facial expressions. We all sang along, and one kid even went to the extreme to put red marker all over his nose. Hilarious. My last week at Moundville has been nothing less than amazing. I truly love what I do. It's comforting to know that I will be completely content to teach for the rest of my life. My sweet kids complete me. I mean, who doesn't like seeing 21 sweet faces greet you in the morning. Or tell you how wonderful you are? Or laugh at your stupid jokes? Or even share their candy with you? If that's not pretty close to perfect, I don't know what is.

My heart is one hundred percent in Education and helping students. A piece of my heart aches tonight for many of these kids. I would take every one of them home if I could. I just hope they realize how much they have shaped my life over the past few months. It's been a pleasure. Well, I'm heading to bed....Going to eat at the Waysider for breakfast with my bestie KP!


No comments:

Post a Comment