Monday, December 13, 2010

20 Degrees

I just checked the weather on the Weather Channel online and yes, it's 20 degrees in Oneonta, Alabama!! But with the wind, it feels like 7 Degrees. I need to go run, but I think I may just have to wait and see!

If you know me, you know I thrive for adventure. There are SO many things I want to do in life and when I ever find the time and money, nothing is going to stop me. As for now, Dad and I have a new goal.

I graduate May 7, 2011 and shortly after I'll be in Hannah's wedding May 28, 2011! Our journey will begin a few days later. My Dad is going to take off 2 weeks of work and we are going to hike 120 miles. We will end up in Damascus, Virginia. If we backpack 10 miles a day, it will take us about 11-12 days. We will carry everything, food, sleeping bag, hammock, etc. I'm really excited because I've never been on a long back packing trip. A few days is the longest I've gone. I know it will push me physically and mentally but I'm ready to tackle the challenge. 2011 is going to be a fantastic year for me and I'm excited to share this hike with my Dad.

Well, back to reading. This book has me hooked. Have a great Monday!

Love,
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment