Thursday, December 16, 2010

Keith Fitzhugh

I enjoy keeping up with the news but sometimes it becomes so boring, so pointless to me. However, the other day I saw this story about a guy named Keith Fitzhugh who turned down money from the NFL. I didn't pay that much attention to it until last night when I was watching Jay Leno. Jay Leno keeps me laughing, throughout the week, his sense of humor just makes me laugh! So anyways, Keith Fitzhugh was on the show last night. Considering Jay Leno usually only interviews "famous" people, I was anxious to see how he would respond.

Incredible.

He told Jay the whole process of how he turned down the money, and ended up keeping his job working at the train. A train. What struck me the most, is what he said in the end.
"You only have 1 mother, and 1 father." He knew by choosing money/football/etc over his family that he would be taking a risk. He considered his options and I applause him for that. He represented MSU very well last night, and I'm sure their team is thrilled.
That's what I call a classy person.

No comments:

Post a Comment