Sunday, June 28, 2009

Try on my Mom's Wedding Dress

This December, my parents have been married 25 years and only in pictures have I seen my Mom's wedding dress. Since she got married at 19 (I can't imagine) & since I am one year older than that, I asked her if I could try it on. After she got married, she took it to the cleaners & they packaged it up so for 25 years, it has not been touched. What a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon? I asked my Dad to go get me some ice cream at McDonalds & while he was gone, I asked Mom. When my Dad opened the door & saw me in the dress, he stopped dead in is tracks. I was wondering if he even recognized it. Of course he did. My mom is about four inches taller than me, but when she got married she was teenie tiny. She was a bean pole & about a size zero. I was worried that I could not even get into it. But sure enough, it was a perfect fit!!! It's funny how style changes over the years but this dress is still very modern(besides the poofy sleeves) It would be gorgeous if those were chopped off & made into a strapless dress. The train is very long too. I don't know, I may end up wearing her dress while making it my own by adding more beads or sequeins. Who knows? It was very exciting for me, to say the least. Because many people these days don't even have their dresses anymore. I don't know when my wedding day will be but I do know that I have a beautiful white dress that I may end up wearing one day :)

-Cat

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! I love that you tried on your moms wedding dress. Family things like that are so special and unique. You'll get to wear your moms and I'll get to wear my Mee Mees :)

    ReplyDelete