Monday, June 8, 2009

Kayaking

Another great weekend! I did something that I have never done before. My dad took me kayaking down Terrapin Creek in Piedmont, Alabama. We got to the outdoor center around 8:30 a.m. There was a shuttle that took us 8 miles up the road and dropped us off. We had our kayaks and life jackets. In no time, we were in the water...ready to paddle. It was such a beautiful day and the 8 mile trip down the river gave me plenty of time to pray and think. Not that I have too much to worry about but it still was very pleasant. The man at the outdoor center told us that should take us about 4 hours to finish the river. However, we were obviously booking it and we finished in 2 hours and 40 minutes. It was a smooth ride with the exception of a couple of class 1 rapids. That made it fun though! I didn't even wear my life jacket, so it's nothing to worry about. The scenery was beautiful along with all of the turtles I saw. No snakes....thank goodness! It was just a very relaxing trip and it's something I will never forget :)

http://www.canoeshop.net/

I've learned that Alabama has some awesome outdoor adventures. It's just a matter of getting out there and exploring! I think our next adventure may be white water rafting/car camping!

No comments:

Post a Comment