Monday, May 25, 2009

Bucket List

Last night I spent the night with my grandmother and it took me back to when I was a little kid again. There is something about staying with my grandparents.....the most comfortable beds in the world, the best home cooked food ever, and the list goes on and on. I sat there talking to my grandmother about things I wanted to accomplish in my lifetime or even just this year. The things I want to do aren't the most challenging things but they are edgy in the fact that most people don't think about doing them. So, it's like that movie the Bucket List. Here is my list:

1. Run a half-marathon- did that in April in Nashville
2. Skydive
3. Ride in a hot air balloon
4. Run a trail run--I am doing one in November for the Marine Corps-13.1 miles of running trails.
5. Thru hike the Pinhoti Trail (140 miles)
6. Scuba dive somewhere tropical- Costa Rica, Cozumel..etc. Not Gulf Shores haha.
7. Go to Savannah, Georgia
8. Take a canoeing trip
9. Go to the U.S. Open for tennis
10. Thru hike or section hike the Appalachian Trail (2,175 miles)
11. Go on a cruise
12. Swim with dolphins
13. Go white water rafting again
14. Run a full marathon

I know it will take a lot of money and a lot of time to finish some of these things but maybe I will win the lottery or something! This summer I am planning on doing #2,4,6,7, & 8. Maybe the years to come I will finish the rest. So, what's your bucket list?

*Happy Memorial Day!! We're going to pick up Jason at Camp Lejune, NC on Sunday! He should be on his way back into the United States now.

No comments:

Post a Comment