Monday, August 30, 2010

Jason is back in the USA

I continue to be amazed how things work out. A few weeks ago, I was getting ready to leave Oneonta for Tuscaloosa since school was starting. I decided to spend the night with my Memaw because we were going to cook dinner. I grew up around antiques and fine china. My grandmother has a passion for old stuff and over the years I have become fascinated with these things as well. Well, this Saturday night was nothing less than normal. I finally decided I wanted a chili hot dog and home made french fries for supper. (yes, I know what's in a hot dog haha). I set up the table with her china I have loved forever. We laughed the entire time because she couldn't believe we were eating a hot dog on such fancy dishes!



How can things change so fast? One minute I was enjoying myself talking with my grandmother, and the next thing I knew... My mom sent me a text message telling me they were heading to NC bright and early in the morning. At this point I was so confused because my mom had told me hours earlier Jason didn't want them coming up for a couple of more weeks. I talked with Memaw about it and decided I would skip the first three days of my senior year to go visit Jason.



It all happened so fast. At 3:30 a.m, Dad, Mom, and I were headed to Camp Lejeune, NC!! About 8 stops and 11 hours later, we had made it. For some reason, we had to switch up driving because we were all getting so sleepy. The good Lord watched out over us for sure.



As we pulled into the Marine base, my adrenaline was rushing. Seeing my brother for the first time since January is a feeling I will never forget. Over the past four years, I have only seen Jason a handful of times. I almost started crying my eyes out because it was such a special moment for me. The fact God kept my brother safe for 2 deployments says it all.

The beach was absolutely beautiful!! I went on several walks with my dad over the course of the week. I even got a bit of a sun-tan! Ha! My mom cooked for us every single night and I stuffed my face more times than once. Spending time with my family is something I have grown to appreciate as I grow up. This was a week I hope to never forget. So, take the time to say "I love you" to the people who mean the most to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment