Sunday, January 24, 2010

"When God writes your Love Story"

This book is amazing. I finished it this past Saturday and for the rest of the night I couldn't think straight. I can't recall when I've cried reading a book. But this one got to me. Not only was I crying like a little girl, but I felt the Lord right there with me the whole time. It was truly one of those God moments that I'll remember the rest of my life. The book is written by a husband and a wife who found true love once they let God be the Author of their life. They first had to give Him the pen. If we just give God the pen, he'll lead us.

Here are some quotes from the book that are definitely worth sharing.

Extravagant love, as in every generation before us, has been ridiculed and scorned. It is seen as wasteful & reckless overspending. But extravagent love-the offering offering of everything, the emptying of the pockets of our life-is the essence of true Christianity. It was extravagent love that caused Jesue to give up His throne in heavent & give us the gift of life at the expense of His own.

Guys, being a shoulder to cry on, speaking words that remind a woman of your affection, doing the dishes after dinner, and making sure she has a full tank of gas before she hits the road to go shopping--these are all simple little things that you can do to tenderly care for a woman. Because in her world, these little things are huge.

Girls, when a man is respected and honored by a woman, he gains thirty-six pounds of sheer muscle instantly, can outrun a bullet train, and can leap a skyscraper in a single bound. Words of respect transform mere men into superheroes.

Philippians 2:3-4 "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others."

No comments:

Post a Comment