Friday, July 8, 2011

Deployment



For the last five years, I've spent a huge part of my time sending letters and care packages to my brother, friends, and complete strangers.

For most people, it's not a matter of life but for me the military has become my life. My older brother has gone on 2 deployments, both lasting 4-6 months. Saying that, my emotions have sky rocketed from really high to sometimes quite low. Whether it's watching interviews on TV, or seeing pictures of Military homecomings, I always see it somewhere.

Kaden has officially been gone a month. Thankfully, we have had the opportunity to talk every single day (besides 1 day). He calls me when he can and when I see the long number on my phone, my face lights up! It's a very reassuring feeling the very moment I talk to him, see him on Skype, or receive an email. Nearly 37 letters and 4 care packages later, we are officially 1 MONTH down on this journey. A journey that sometimes seems to fly by, yet other times drag on. The summer always gives me an opportunity to relax but I must say I'm ready to get back into the swing of a routine. I'll be subbing this school year as I look for another part time job. I fully believe the Lord will guide me wherever I need to be.

Thank you to all of you who have faithfully prayed. As I sit here blogging, I'm reminded of the verse, "Draw close to God, and God will draw close to you." How comforting!!

I hope that everyone is having a fantastic summer in this Alabama heat, whew! And if you ever want to make a day, send Kaden a letter :)

A1C Goodell, Kaden S
4 ERS-Bagram
APO AE 09354


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you have been able to talk to him in some way each day. I will do my best to get a letter out to him this week. I have a few other letters I need to write up and send out as well. I hope and pray all stays going well for you both. I love and miss you Kitty Kat.

    ReplyDelete