Monday, July 19, 2010

SUMMER


Summer, summer, summer! I can't believe it is almost over! This summer has been really interesting to me. I have had several eye opening experiences that I hope to always remember. From May 16 to June 28 I worked as a camp counselor at Camp Ozark in Mt. Ida, Arkansas. I was certified in the Ropes Course and shooting sports. For 6 weeks, I had minimum contact with anyone. It was a lot harder for me than I thought. Camp Ozark drained me physically, emotionally, and spiritually. There were times when I felt on top of the world and on the bottom. The Lord showed me so much about myself and others this summer. I learned to LIVE LIFE LOUD. To live for Him. Another camp motto was F.I.T that stands for First is Third. By putting God first, others second, and ourselves last we win in the game of life. I really strived to exhibit these two concepts while I was at camp. I met some of the most amazing people and developed genuine relationships. I've been home in Oneonta nearly a month and I'm craving some sort of adventure. On a really happy note, Jason is coming home August 12! January was the last time I saw him. In the meanwhile, I'm praying for direction in my life as I start my senior year of college. Rooooooolllllllllll Tide, Roll!


I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes!
ROMANS 1:16

No comments:

Post a Comment