Sunday, April 7, 2013

Newlywed Newbies



Once again, I have neglected my blog that once recorded so many memories.  Kaden safely returned from Afghanistan (a second time), and we were married on a cool, cloudy and rainy day in August.  Many people have asked me how I would describe my wedding day.  Leading up to the wedding, the stress of it all: dress, music, food, etc, nearly about killed my sweet Mom and me.  I am nothing short of a handful, and when you get two personalities and two opinions thrown into the mix, things can get a little stressful.  However, my parents provided me with the most wonderful day of my life and for that I will always be grateful.  People showed us so much love during our wedding and I can assure you that every kitchen appliance, piece of furniture, lamps, pictures, and dishes have molded our marriage because not a day goes by when I don't thank God for all of the wonderful goodies we received.  I am probably the only person that can tell you exactly what each person gave us, along with their address.  Somehow, I looked at Wedding Addresses WAY to much :)

When God changes the direction of your life, we often say "Why?" "What is our purpose?"  
Kaden knew he was separating from the Air Force in September, so he had a wonderful job lined up in Augusta, Georgia.  We had a down payment for a quaint little 1950's rent house, Kaden's job was lined up and ready to go (or we thought), and I was starting the process of my teaching certificate in Georgia.  Long story short, someone didn't process Kaden's security clearances & paperwork for his new job so about a week before our wedding, we had no plan.  We didn't want to bum on my parents for possibly 3 months as we waited for paperwork to clear, so Kaden denied the job and we were left in Oneonta, with absolutely no plan.

After our return from Cancun (so beautiful I must add), we were back home with my parents, and 1 schnauzer who we both adore.  Should we wait for the Augusta job or should we find something else instead?  With our Bibles wide open and our heads bowed, we asked God to show us where to go.  We waited for 2 more weeks as we enjoyed Mom's home cooked meals.  During the waiting process, I got a call from a friend saying she could get me a low paying daycare job (hoping I would eventually find a full time job) in these hard economic times.  With faith, we took the leap, signed the lease on a apartment in Tuscaloosa, and four days later I was working with 4 year olds.  Kaden quickly found a job at a Car Wash and we were worn slap out.  

Luckily, I looked online for full time job postings in Tuscaloosa and I applied for one at a school called Walker Elementary.  I applied online, got an interview, and a week later I was employed as a 1st grade teacher.  I started November 1.  5 months later, I have been surrounded by such a wonderful and uplifting faculty and not to mention the most precious 1st grade class ever.  I have learned A TON, and I am continuing to LEARN every single day.  If I could sit down with you for 10 minutes you would understand just how precious my firsties are!


Not even a month after our 1st month of marriage, and our 1st month of working, I began to go downhill, and I mean fast.  Sinus infections, coughing, and allergies through the roof, my immune system would not fight for me.  I was in and out of the doc-in-the-box, sleeping every chance I got, and quite honest, the most miserable I have ever felt in my life.  7 rounds of antibiotics, and 2 trips to the ENT, I decided that taking antibiotics were out of the question, and I needed to find a more natural way.  A friend introduced me to a NASA certified Air Purifier (that is used on the Space Station), and I was sold immediately.  I also began taking SPARK, and AdvoCare all natural energy drink that would boost my immune system.  I would drink it every morning before work, and within 48 hours of my Air Purifier on FULL BLAST, I began to feel better.  It takes ALOT for a product to impress me, but my Air Purifier and SPARK are now my 2 children.  We recently just got back from a road trip from Texas, and Kaden and I both double checked our children on our 15 hour trip.  Kaden is now an AdvoCare representative and we are excited to improve the lifestyle of others!  

https://www.advocare.com/130412047/default.aspx 

If you don't believe me, take a look for yourself.  


I am still on the road to recovery of my terrible sinuses.  I am scheduled for another ENT appointment in a week, and another round of Allergy Shots.  I am PRAYING for some type of Nasal Surgery that will give me FULL relief.  A Cat Scan should be scheduled soon.  I can't wait to tell my ENT doctor that a AIr Purifier and AdvoCare has made me better; not all of those antibiotics that were making me sick to my stomach.  Before I close, I must give a shout out to my sweet and amazing husband Kaden who has driven to CVS several times at 3 a.m. because I couldn't breathe, and heard every single complaint come out of my mouth.  He is my gem.  He is enjoying The University of Alabama where he is majoring in Computer Science and Math.  I am SO proud of my college student :)


Continue to pray for me, because there is POWER in PRAYER!  We are so blessed.  Now, we are starting to truly enjoy our marriage because I'm not the crazy lady in the back coughing up a lung.  People must think I smoke 5 packs a day :)



1 comment:

  1. Yaaaayyyy! You are back! Beautiful recap! Also can we change my picture on the right? hahaha love you

    ReplyDelete