Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Nebraska




Wow! It's hard to believe that in 143 days I will become a Mrs, take a new last name, and move to Bellevue, Nebraska. These past few months have been extremely exciting and sometimes overwhelming! Kaden and I returned from our 5,000 mile road trip across the Western United States and settled back into every day life. I found my wedding dress, picked our band and photographer, and started looking on pinterest (probably too much)

Soon after Kaden's return to Nebraska, we found out he would
soon be re-deploying to Afghanistan. Thankfully, we found out his deployment would only be 3 months instead of 6, so I came to the conclusion that with as much wedding planning as I had, I COULD DO IT. 3 months flew by the first time and with God's amazing grace, we could do it together.


My first trip to Nebraska was on Valentine's Day where we spent 2 weeks having fun together: eating out and finding the best restaurants Omaha has to offer, buying a bed together, and packing all of Kaden's belongings into a storage unit. The time went too fast and before I knew it, I was back in Oneonta! Luckily, I found myself subbing nearly every single day for the next month. Kaden flew to California for a week of training & I started to pack my bags for my 2nd trip to Nebraska :)

So here I am now....Sitting in Bellevue, Nebraska looking out the window of a busy intersection. It is so hard to believe that in 143 days I will be moving to a big city where I will know no one except my husband. Bellevue is 15 minutes away from Omaha, Nebraska. The past week we have looked at nearly 15 apartment complexes as we search for the perfect one. Can you believe I will be living in a city where I have access to Starbucks, Target, and TJ Maxx?? Living 15 hours away from Alabama may be difficult but I'm hoping for some road trips from friends and family... wink, wink :)

As far as wedding planning goes, I have the BEST Matron of Honor and the BEST bridesmaids EVER. When I say they are on top of things, I'm not kidding. My life has been so full of JOY from the support and kindness I am getting from all of my best friends. Mal is getting married June 23 and Savanna on June 2! I am SOOOO excited for them!

Our honeymoon is booked for Cancun, Mexico :) We are staying at the Sun Palace Resort...here, take a look


We are staying Monday to Monday and even flying first class! My past two flights to Omaha, I have sat on the 1st row of "Coach" and I get so jealous when the flight attendant whips back her curtain so separate me from first class. Let me tell you, 1st class gets the hook-up when flying! I am excited to get cokes and cookies on our flight!

Overall, Kaden & I have had a wonderful week together in Nebraska. Kaden's dad came up for a few days and took us out to eat and we even went to the Zoo! 5 hours of looking at animals was a blast! We had a great time :) Especially looking at the monkeys and giraffes! We went to a local Baptist church where we stood out like a sore thumb, looked at apartments, went to Nebraska's largest winery and sampled some wine, and enjoyed the BEAUTIFUL weather Nebraska is having right now! 80 degrees.....Believe me when I say it feels like 65! NO HUMIDITY! I need to go ahead and apologize for my August Alabama wedding...geez! Praying for great weather!

As for now, it's back to help Kaden write a research paper for his online English 101 class. Love you KK! You really are so amazing and I'm so glad God brought us together. You keep me young by your sweet and silly personality that always keeps me laughing. You have made me laugh more than ever this week...And I will get you back for all of the pranks.

Pranks this week:
1. Kaden's live background on his Android is of grass blowing. He told me to "Blow on the phone" and the grass would start waving on the screen. Yeah, after I tried it for a few seconds of working really hard, Kaden started laughing so hard. Yes, I looked like an idiot in the middle of lunch.

2. Kaden told me that "I saw this written down somewhere and I didn't know what it meant." He said, "Catherine, what does this say? Read it out loud." He wrote..

WE TODD ID

Pretty mean, huh?

3. I did get Kaden by standing behind his wheel by his truck. I got him with the usual "AHHH" scream.

4. Oh, and I literally experienced the saying "Laughing until you cry." We were sitting there laughing about something (can't even remember what now) and then in the middle of the hardest laugh of my life, I started BAWLING my eyes out like I had lost my puppy dog. No kidding, I couldn't even breathe. So then, Kaden thought I was "faking crying" because of all the times I have fake cried and he believed me. He sat there and just stared at me saying "OHHH KAAAYYY, Catherine, Whatever. You're aren't really crying." When he started seeing all of my REAL tears, he finally gave me a hug. It was one of the strangest things I have ever experienced and I wasn't even upset. Pretty dramatic night, huh?


Never a dull moment....

I hope everyone is having a great day
Count your blessings

1 comment: